With over eight million, self-illuminating pixels, OLED already offers sensational picture quality. For the deepest blacks and greatest contrast, it’s hard to do any better. Add XR Picture Processing, however, and you get the best Sony OLED to date. The powerful XR Picture processing simply delivers the brightest and purest images yet on a Sony 77 inch TV.
- XR motion clarity - keeps the action flowing smoothly. Minimising blur, the powerful processing strikes the perfect balance between ultimate detail and the smoothest motion. 4K XR Smoothing reduces picture banding, giving a more lifelike and natural flow to images.
- Sony's Cognitive Processor XR - marries AI (artificial intelligence) to cognitive intelligence for a picture balance that’s best suited to humans rather than just algorithms. The processor analyses every element of the picture to give a sharper image with greater depth and realism. The processor also enhances lower resolution images, giving you smoother, more natural pictures from sources such as terrestrial TV.
- XR sound - with Acoustic Surface Audio+ you'll feel like the sound is coming from where the action is happening on-screen, making everything you watch more immersive. The front-facing subwoofer provides powerful bass, while 3D Surround Upscaling converts any audio source into a surround sound experience
- Picture as the creator intended (NCM, IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Vision and Calman Ready) - Compatible with a wide range of technologies, the XR-77A80J reproduces visuals, just as the creator intended. Used with IMAX certified 4K HDR content, IMAX Enhanced uses their proprietary digital remastering technology (DMR) to deliver ultra-vivid images. If you’re a movie fan, you’ll love NCM (Netflix Calibrated Mode). NCM bypasses many of the TV’s processors, giving you a picture that’s much closer to how the filmmaker intended. Calman Ready, this TV is also ideal for those who wish to calibrate their TV to truly professional levels.
- Google tv - Find the latest films and TV series on Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, Apple TV, NOW TV and many more. You can also catch-up on shows you've missed straight from the TV guide with YouView.
- Voice control your TV - The Voice Remote lets you search in an easy, natural way. If you prefer to use a different platform, the Sony is compatible, too. Apple AirPlay and Homekit compatibility makes it possible to integrate with your Apple system. Support for Amazon Alexa devices also means you can voice control via your existing Alexa device.
- Great for gaming - ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and VRR* (Variable Refresh Rate) combine to improve resolution, lower input lag and maximise detail. This means you’ll be quicker to see enemies lurking in the shadows and faster to react when you need to fight
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p|
- Dolby Vision
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
|HDR technology||XR HDR Remaster|
|Processor||Cognitive processor XR|
|Processing rate||XR motion clarity|
|Refresh rate||120 Hz|
|Voice controlled assistant||Google assistant via remote|
|Wifi||Built in wifi|