Sony BRAVIA XR42A90KU 42 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Google TV Freeview Freesat HD
Price : £1,329.00
- 4K OLED panel - Instead of using various arrays of LEDs to light an LCD display, OLED uses over eight million self-illuminating pixels for sensational image quality. With self-illuminating pixels, you get outstanding contrast.
- Cognitive Processor XR - marries AI to cognitive intelligence for a picture balance that’s best suited to humans rather than just algorithms. The processor analyses every element of the picture to give a sharper image with greater depth and realism. The latest processor features Depth Control and Flexible Colour Contrast Control for even greater depth and colour vibrancy.
- XR Triluminous Pro & OLED contrast Pro - to deliver the truest and most natural colour. For the highest levels of contrast and detail, XR OLED Contrast Pro adjusts the brightness to give brighter peaks and more detail within darker areas.
- XR OLED motion & 4K XR smoothing - keeps the action flowing smoothly. Minimising blur, the powerful processing strikes the perfect balance between ultimate detail and the smoothest motion. 4K XR Smoothing reduces picture banding, giving a more lifelike and natural flow to images.
- NCM, Dolby Vision and Calman Ready - reproduces visuals, just as the creator intended. If you’re a movie fan, you’ll love NCM (Netflix Calibrated Mode). NCM bypasses many of the TV’s processors, giving you a picture that’s much closer to how the filmmaker intended
- Acoustic Surface Audio+ - Vibrating actuators positioned behind the screen pinpoint the sound to the action, heightening the sense of connection and realism. With a centre subwoofer fitted, Acoustic Surface Audio+ gives a bottom-end boost, too.
- XR surround with 3D surround upscaling for enveloping sound - takes a regular audio signal and creates a virtual surround sound effect – making you feel more immersed in the action.
- Works with BRAVIA cam - recognises where viewers are sitting and optimises the picture and sound to suit. It also facilitates the use of gesture control. All this plus it still functions with your TV to make it the ultimate device for video calls.
- Google TV - makes accessing this Sony TV’s smart features a breeze. Customise your home screen with the apps you use the most, enjoy recommendations, curate your movie nights and even add to your watchlist via your smartphone – Google TV makes sense of Smart TV.
- Hands free voice control of your TV - The built-in mic lets you search, hands-free. If you prefer to use a different platform, the Sony is compatible, too. Apple AirPlay and Homekit compatibility makes it possible to integrate with your Apple system.
|Resolution||4K UHD 3840 x 2160p|
|HDR||- Dolby Vision
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
|Manufacturer guarantee||5 years|
|Picture enhancement||- OLED XR Contrast Pro
- XR Triluminos Pro
|Processing rate||XR OLED motion|
|Processor||Cognitive Processor XR|
|Refresh rate||120 Hz|
|Other features||- Ambient optimization (light)
- XR Super Resolution
- XR Smoothing
|Gaming technology||- 4K120
- HDR game mode
Acoustic Surface Audio +
|Sound processing||- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Audio
- DTS Digital Surround
|Smart services||- Catch up TV: BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4, My5, UKTV
- Streaming: Apple TV, Prime Video 4K, Britbox, BT Sport, Disney+, Google Play, Netflix 4K, NOW TV, BRAVIA CORE
- Music: Apple Music, Spotify
- App store: Google Play Store
- Custom homepage
- Full internet browser
- Social media: YouTube 4K
- Gaming apps
- Chromecast (Android / iOS)
- Apple AirPlay (iOS)
- Miracast (Android / iOS)
|Voice controlled assistant||Google Assistant via remote|
|Connections||- HDMI 2.1 x 2
- HDMI 2.0b x 2
- Composite input x 1
- USB 3.0 x 1
- USB 2.0 x 1
|Audio output||Optical digital x 1|
|- TV with stand: 551 x 933 x 225 mm (H x W x D)
- TV: 546 x 933 x 57 mm (H x W x D)
- Boxed: 688 x 1052 x 170 mm (H x W x D)